We are looking for a Render Wrangler to work with us onsite in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney on a contract basis.
- Ensuring that render jobs are properly prioritized in the queue system so that project goals are met while monitoring the render farm’s health and status on a regular basis;
- Maximizing the render farm’s resources;
- Monitoring rendering quality and quantity, as well as making the required corrections when needed;
- Communicating with the production team outstanding issues, as well as overall render farm performance and efficiency.
- Be aware of inefficiencies in the render pipeline that are impacting the lighting & compositing artists’ ability to work efficiently, and flag these issues as necessary
- Communicate technical issues effectively
- Work closely with the lighting and compositing artists ensuring the renders are consistent
- Engage with lighting lead & compositing supervisor, IT and producers
- Understanding of VFX and CG production processes
- Be able to prioritize and deal with a heavy workload
- Knowledge working in a Windows environment
- Experience with 3ds Max, Vray and/or Redshift
- Production skills with CG lighting
- Must be able to take direction, adaptable to change
- Must be comfortable and able to work flexible hours
- Work well within a team focused environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and a good eye required
- Proactive, positive and excellent communication skills
- Must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a current valid working visa.
- Experience with Nuke
- Experience with Shotgun
- Experience with a render farm manager
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with your resume and link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [RendWrang] YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
* Please let us know where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly.
No phone calls or agencies please.
PLASTIC WAX is the honoured recipient of:
2017 Winner AEAF – GOLD – Game Trailers
2017 Winner AEAF – SILVER – Game Trailers
2017 Winner NSW Creative Laureate Award
2017 Finalist Promax GAMES Awards
posted on: 11 Apr 2018