We are looking for a locally-based Mid-Snr Lighting Artist (Redshift) to work with us onsite in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney for a short contract.
Start Date: ASAP
Finish Date: 1 June, 2018
- Light and render a variety of small and large-scale CG elements
- Create photo-real lighting to the shots
- Provide solutions for techniques such as subsurface scattering and physically plausible shading
- Maintain consistency across sequences and shots.
- Be aware of inefficiencies in any area of the pipeline that are impacting the lighting artists’ ability to work efficiently, and flag these issues as necessary
- Communicate creative and technical issues effectively
- Work closely with compositors ensuring the renders you provide are consistent
- Engaging with the Creative Director, Lighting Lead and Producers
- Experienced in Redshift and 3DS Max
- Experienced on either feature film, TV series, game cinematics or TVC’s
- Full understanding of colour theory and LUTs
- Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Real world understanding of physics, math, proportion, depth, colour, and of course lighting
- Must be able to take direction, adaptable to change
- Work well within a team focused environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and a good eye required
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- MUST have full rights to work in Australia.
- Vray, Nuke, Photoshop and Substance
- Tool building and scripting knowledge
- Good artistic skills, with a particular emphasis on real-world lighting/photography
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with your resume and link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [Mid-SnrLighter] YOUR NAME
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please let us know where you first saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly.
No phone calls or agencies please.
posted on: 02 May 2018