We are looking for a locally-based Mid-Snr Lighting Artist to work with us onsite in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney for a short contract.
Start Date: ASAP
Finish Date: 1 June, 2018
- Light and render a variety of small and large-scale CG elements including props, models, environments, crowds, creatures and effects.
- Provide solutions for techniques such as subsurface scattering and physically plausible shading
- Maintain consistency across sequences and shots.
- Communicate creative and technical issues effectively
- Engaging with the Lead Lighter, Creative Director and Producers
- Proficient in 3dsMax and can light with Vray or Redshift
- Minimum 3 years solid experience as a Lighter on either feature film, TV series, AAA video games or TVC’s
- Good understanding of colour theory and LUTs
- Knowledge of Nuke, Photoshop and Substance an asset
- Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Real world understanding of physics, math, proportion, depth, colour, and of course lighting
- Must be able to take direction and be adaptable to change
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and a good eye required
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- Must be a permanent resident of Australia.
- Good artistic skills, with a particular emphasis on real-world lighting/photography
- Tool building and scripting knowledge
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [Lighter-Mid/Snr] YOUR NAME
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly.
No phone calls or agencies, please.
posted: 14 May, 2018