We are currently looking for Character Artists to join our Assets team onsite in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
This is a project-based contract.
- Use artistic and technical skills to work on 3D CG characters
- Modelling and texturing
- Create photo-real, high-quality work using a variety of software programs
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Ability to work unassisted and relied upon to finish tasks
- Be aware of project/task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Engage with our Asset Lead, Creative Director and Producers
- Juniors MUST have the equivalent of 1 solid year (minimum) professional experience working on feature films, AAA+ game titles, tv series and/or tvc’s.
- Highly skilled using Z-Brush, Photoshop, 3DSMax and/or Maya
- Detail oriented modelling
- Proven expertise in both organic and hard surface matter
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team focused environment
- A solid understanding of real-world materials is essential and must be demonstrated in your portfolio/reel
- Very strong artistic skills with a strong understanding of facial features and full body anatomy
- Ability to evaluate time requirements and possess problem-solving skills
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- Must have the right to work in Australia
- Vray and/or Redshift expertise will be highly regarded
- Those with Ornatrix experience will be fast-tracked in the application process
- Experience with Marvelous Designer and/or Substance
- Experience with Unreal Engine and creating models for In-engine use, etc
- Experience leading and/or mentoring
- Ability to light and render 3D objects
- A traditional arts background with emphasis on sculpting
- TD skills
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your portfolio/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email using the relevant subject line:
Subject Line: [CharArtist] — specify if you are a Jnr or Mid or Snr — YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
Please mention where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.
posted on 20 July 2018