We currently seek talented Lighting Artists (3dsMax) of all levels to join us onsite at our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
- Light and render a variety of small and large-scale CG elements including props, models, environments, crowds, creatures and effects.
- Seniors should be able to provide solutions for techniques such as subsurface scattering and physically plausible shading
- Maintain consistency across sequences and shots.
- Communicate creative and technical issues effectively
- Engaging with the Lead Lighter, Creative Director and Producers
Job requirements (relative to whether you are jnr/mid/snr):
- Seniors must be proficient in 3dsMax with Redshift or Vray
- Seniors & Mids – must be experienced working as a Lighter on either feature film, TV series, AAA video games or TVC’s
- Juniors – prefer those who have lit in 3dsMax before and/or with experience in a professional studio
- Good understanding of colour theory and LUTs
- Knowledge of Nuke, Photoshop and Substance an asset
- Demonstrable ability to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Real world understanding of physics, math, proportion, depth, colour, and of course lighting
- Must be able to take direction and be adaptable to change
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving skills and a good eye required
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- Must have the right to work in Australia.
- Good artistic skills, with a particular emphasis on real-world lighting/photography
- Tool building and scripting knowledge
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [Lighter] YOUR NAME YOUR NAME — specify if you are a Jnr or Mid or Snr.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.
edited on 27/07/2018
first posted on 20 July 2018