We are currently looking for a talented and motivated FX Artist to join us at our waterfront studio in Rhodes on a project-based contract.
- Work with our Lead Cloth Artist
- Prepare and execute Cloth simulations
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Ability to work unassisted and relied upon to finish tasks
- Be aware of project/task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Engage with the Asset Lead, CG Supervisor and Production team
- Proficient in developing and executing sims
- Experience as an FX Artist in a production environment such as on feature films, AAA+ game cinematics and/or TV series work
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team focused environment
- Ability to light and render FX passes for developed FX shots
- Ability to develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks
- Have a strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have a proactive and problem solving attitude.
- Ability to self manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Must have the right to work in Australia
- Experience with cloth simulations
- Experience with 3dsMax
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
If possible we would like to see the following on your reel:
- Simulation examples – cloth, water
- Completed shot to illustrate context/scale
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [FxCloth] YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
Please mention where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.
posted on 03 Aug 2018