We are looking for a Render Wrangler to work with us onsite in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney on a contract basis.
- Ensure the render jobs are properly prioritized in the queue while monitoring the render farm health and status on a regular basis;
- Work night shifts and weekends (mostly and as required)
- Monitor render quality and quantity, and make required corrections when needed;
- Communicate any issues, and report on the farm’ performance and efficiency to production
- Flag and communicate any issues that jeopardise render ability or the render queue
- Work closely with the lighting and compositing artists ensuring the renders are consistent
- Engage with the production team, lighting lead & compositing supervisor and IT
- Understanding of VFX and CG production processes
- Be able to prioritize and deal with a heavy workload
- Knowledge with windows environment
- Experience with 3ds Max
- Must be able to take direction, adaptable to change
- Must be comfortable and able to work flexible hours, including night shifts when required
- Must be available on weekends, as required, during the life of the project/s renders
- Work well within a team focused environment
- Strong problem solving skills and a good eye required
- Proactive, positive and excellent communication skills
- Must have the right to work in Australia.
- Experience with a render farm manager
- Production skills with CG lighting
- Experience with Nuke
- Experience with Shotgun
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with your resume and link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [RWrangler] YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
* Please let us know where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.
posted on 9 August, 2018