We seek a motivated mid-level Animator/Generalist to join us in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
- Work closely with the animators on the job to create animator-friendly rigs
- Proven experience with the animation and rigging related components of Maya’s API
- Passion for the craft, the wish to innovate, and a positive attitude towards learning opportunities.
- Engage with our Lead Character TD, animators and production
- Experience with character rigging/skinning
- Experience with Maya
- Knowledge of MEL and/or Python
- An understanding of animation techniques
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, creativity and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team focused environment
- Skilled in assembling shots
- Ability to evaluate time requirements
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- Must be local and have the right to work in Australia
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your portfolio/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [Animator/Generalist] YOUR NAME
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.
posted on 10 August 2018