We currently seek a Senior FX Artist (Unreal Engine 4) to join us onsite at our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
Contract: Fixed Term
Current full working rights in Australia
- Develop complex particle and shader effects using Cascade and Niagara UE4.
- Fluent in Blueprint
- Create textures, models, and shaders to build out real-time effects using Photoshop and 3D packages (Houdini, 3Ds Max or Maya)
- Create animated textures (flipbooks) using 2D & 3D packages (Substance Designer, Houdini, etc)
- Solid understanding of creating procedural and simulated FX in 3D packages such as morphing meshes, pyro and fluids to be used for real-time FX
- Work with other departments to achieve a specific effect
- Strong artistic, technical and problem solving skills
- Great technical knowledge and familiarity of game engines
- Experience in Photoshop and 3D packages (Houdini, 3Ds Max or Maya)
- Experience in UE4 real time FX systems Cascade and Niagara
- Experience in programming complex behaviours using Blueprints UE4.
- Experience in creating advanced dynamic shader FX in UE4.
- Experience in creating animated textures (flipbooks) using 2D and 3D packages for real-time FX.
- Experience in creating non-real time fx like pyro and fluids using 3D packages (Houdini or others)
- Knowledge of Houdini FX and Houdini to UE4 workflows is preferable but not required
- Ability to create assets from scratch (or using existing libraries) and match an established style.
- Understanding of Animation
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people across multiple departments
- Ability to work quickly and effectively to a dead-line.
- Strong work ethic
- Must be able to work within a team, independently, and take direction well
- A flexible approach while maintaining consistently high standardsIf you meet the above qualifications and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [FxArtist-UE4-Senior] YOUR NAME
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please
2019 Winner AEAF – SILVER for Games Trailers
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards
posted on 10 January 2020