We are currently looking for a talented and motivated Character FX Artist to join us at our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
Contract-basis with a view to extend.
- Work with our Character FX team
- Prepare and execute simulations
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties
- Ability to work unassisted and relied upon to finish tasks
- Be aware of project/task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Engage with our Asset Lead, CG Supervisor and Production team
- Proficient in developing and executing sims (cloth and/or hair/fur)
- Experience as an FX Artist or Character FX Artist in a production environment such as on feature films, AAA+ game cinematics and/or TV series work
- Experience with Houdini and/or Marvelous Designer and/or Ornatrix
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team focused environment
- Ability to light and render FX passes
- Ability to develop techniques and rigs to achieve and optimize approved looks
- Have a strong understanding of physical dynamics and natural phenomena
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have a proactive and problem solving attitude.
- Ability to self manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Work well within a team environment.
- Must have the right to work in Australia
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
- Experience with Ornatrix
If possible we would like to see the following on your reel:
- Simulation examples – cloth and/or hair and/or fur
- Completed shot to illustrate context/scale
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your website/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: [CharFX] YOUR NAME
Email to: email@example.com
Please mention where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
If your application makes the shortlist, you will be contacted shortly. No phone calls or agencies please.
posted on 22 Feb 2019