We seek experienced Mid & Senior level Character Animators that are based within Sydney or Australia to work with us on a slate of amazing projects.
Start date: ASAP
Sydney and Australia based animators need only apply
International remote roles will not be considered
- Toon style show requires you to create interesting toon-style animation
- Realistic-style projects require you to create photo-real animation and mocap based work
- Show initiative, push ideas and innovate within your duties.
- Ability to work unassisted and relied upon to finish tasks
- Help guide and mentor less experienced artists by example
- Meet project task schedules and be capable of delivering work to deadlines
- Use Shotgun
- Engage with the Director, the Animation Lead/HOD and Production
- Solid experience as an Animator on CG/ VFX Feature films and/or CG TV Series
- Ability to create interesting and expressive cartoon style animation
- Strong understanding of traditional animation techniques and the principles of character performance such as posing, timing, acting and storytelling techniques.
- Fluent in Maya
- Strong work ethic and have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to solve problems under short deadlines
- Must be able to work within a team, independently, and take direction well
- A flexible approach while maintaining consistently high standards
- Pro-active and have excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate creative and technical thoughts
- Must have the right to work in Australia
- Experience with Shotgun
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit your resume with link/s to your showreel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email using the relevant subject line:
Subject: [MID OR SNR] CHAR ANIMATOR – [YOUR NAME]
Email to: email@example.com
Please include in the body of your email:
- your next available date, and
- salary expectation
- commitment length
- current location
- right to work in Australia/relevant Visa information
- where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
We will contact you if your application makes the shortlist.
No phone calls or agencies please.
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards