We currently seek a Senior Rigging TD to join us at our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney and work with us on a very exciting, new, high profile Toon-style show for a major network.
Long contract for the right person
Start date: ASAP
- Work closely with a variety of departments including; R&D, Modelling, Layout and Animation and Motion Capture and Realtime to develop, implement and maintain character and prop assets for use in both Layout and Animation.
- Develop and maintain procedural rig components using a custom Rigging API.
- Work to specs as precisely or as creatively as a brief outlines.
- Work with Animators to develop and prototype rigs for a broad range of creative and technical requirements.
- Support rigs as they move through the animation pipeline and develop supplementary animation tools and processes.
- Learn and share with your peers in a very development and learning orientated professional environment
- Guide and less experienced Rigging TD’s on the team
- Engaging with our Director, Lead Rigging TD, Animation Director, Producers and production team.
- 8yrs+ experience working on feature films, episodic shows
- Experience in a variety of styles
- Fluent in Maya
- Solid experience with Python
- A background in animation.
- Proactive, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Ability to solve problems under short deadlines
- Must be able to work within a team, independently, and take direction well
- Well organised and must be able to meet tight deadlines
- Pro-active and have excellent communication skills
- Be able to communicate creative and technical thoughts
- Must have the right to work in Australia
- Experienced with Shotgun
Experience with Motion Builder and/or Unreal Engine definitely a big plus.
- Good foundation knowledge of Computer Science principles and pertinent best practices in design(or an equivalent degree).
- Understanding and ability to apply foundation knowledge of pertinent mathematical disciplines (basics of linear algebra, trig and calculus as required).
- Applied knowledge of C++ where performance matters a plus.
- API design and development experience.
- UI/UX design and development experience.
- Ability to crossover to FX, eg assembly, a big plus.
- Experience developing in a collaborative, team oriented environment also a plus.
- Expertise in muscle simulation and cloth effects a big plus.
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your CV with link/s to your portfolio/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email using the relevant subject line:
Subject: Snr Rigging TD – [YOUR NAME]
Email to: email@example.com
Please include in the body of your email:
- your next available date, and
- where you saw this job post in the body of your email.
We will contact you if your application makes the shortlist.
No phone calls or agencies please.
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards
posted on: 4 Jul 2019