We seek a motivated Mid-level Character Rigger to join us onsite in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
Contract: Project-based contract.
Commence: Start ASAP
Full working Rights in Australia
- Work closely with the animators on the job to create animator-friendly rigs
- Proven experience with the animation and rigging related components of Maya’s API
- Passion for the craft, the wish to innovate, and a positive attitude towards learning opportunities.
- Engage with our Lead Character TD, animators and production
- Experience with character rigging/skinning
- Experience with Maya and Shotgun
- Knowledge of MEL and/or Python
- An understanding of animation techniques
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, creativity and organizational skills
- Ability to take direction and work well within a team focused environment
- Ability to evaluate time requirements
- Positive, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- Must be local and have the right to work in Australia
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with link/s to your portfolio/reel (please include a shot breakdown) in an email:
Subject: Character Rigger-Mid [YOUR NAME]
Email to: email@example.com
Please include in the body of your email:
- your next available date, and
- where you were referred to this job post
We will contact you if your application makes the shortlist.
No phone calls or agencies please.
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards
Posted on 4 Oct 2019