We seek a motivated Senior Pipeline Developer to join us onsite in our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
The Pipeline TD is responsible for developing and maintaining software tools, providing front-line support to artists, and general troubleshooting of the CG pipeline in a fast-paced, Real time and Pre-rendered Game Cinematic production environment.
The primary focus is ensuring artist efficiency. Reports to Pipeline Lead and Chief Operations Officer.
Contract: Fixed Term (possible permanent position for the right candidate)
Commence: Start ASAP
Full working Rights in Australia
- Develop pipeline and asset management tools to meet immediate, show-directed production demands, ensuring facility-wide consistency. Help maintain a wide array of existing workflows and scripts.
- Provide front-line production support across a wide range of disciplines, troubleshoot assets, shots, renders, and help artists with general problem-solving. Monitor ticketing system.
- An agile, flexible and quick thinker, this is an energetic, dynamic environment requiring an ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Develop broad knowledge of software, systems, standards and conventions used in production.
- Assist render farm configuration and management of DCC apps integration.
- Work with IT to manage deployment of pipeline updates and standardization.
- Collaborate and communicate under tight deadlines.
- At Least 3 Years experience in VFX, Game Cinematics
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining tools for use in VFX Production.
- Animation or Episodic production
- Experience with a Database such as MongoDB or ArangoDB.
- Strong knowledge of python programming and the Windows environment.
- Comfortable with rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Experience with production database systems eg. Shotgun software.
- Strong Python and PyQt skills.
- Experience working with revision control systems.
- Detail oriented and strong self-sufficient trouble shooter.
- Ability to communicate cross-discipline and provide innovative solutions to pipeline issues.
- Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from modeling and texturing, animation, lighting, fx, rendering and compositing etc.
- Experience developing tools and/or plugins within industry software packages such as Maya, 3dsmax, Nuke and/or Houdini.
- Unreal development experience.
- Experience writing RESTful APIs
- Experience with perforce.
- Familiarity with DevOps.
If you meet the above job requirements and would like to be part of the Plastic Wax story, please submit your application with your CV and cover letter in an email:
Subject: Senior Pipeline Developer- [YOUR NAME]
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include in the body of your email:
- your next available date, and
- where you were referred to this job post
We will contact you if your application makes the shortlist.
No phone calls or agencies please.
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards