We seek a Storyboard Artist that can provide high tension action, combat based storyboards to work on a Cinematic Game trailer.
In this role, you will work closely with directors and supervisors to transform scripts into epic animatic sequences that convey drama, action, and comedy.
- Collaborate with the Director and creative department heads to discuss storytelling direction, design requirements
- Create storyboard: thumbnail/rough storyboard panels through delivery of finished storyboard sequences based on story outline
- Provide cleaned-up storyboards with attention to clarity and value
- Ensure storyboards align with the creative goals of the leadership team, deadlines, and storytelling objectives
- Use knowledge of traditional animation to ensure that posing, staging, and cutting is both dynamic and entertaining.
- Ensure that the vision and style of the show is consistently adhered to in executing the action, staging, character acting and camera in storyboard work.
- Ensure that the vision and style of the show is consistently adhered to through execution of action, staging, dialogue and camera
- Collaborate with the Director and story team to troubleshoot and address notes.
- Ability to follow a brief and work collaboratively with the director
- Responsible for completing all deliverables on time and according to production schedule and within guidelines/show parameters such as number of scenes, complexity requirements, etc
- Ensure all storyboard notes are added.
- Regularly meet with Supervisors to thoroughly review, execute and revise storyboards
- Follow proper document management requirements (i.e., file naming and storage) according to the production’s guidelines.
- Follow instructions of creative supervisors.
- Strong drawing skills with a demonstrated sense of storytelling, staging, composition, and character acting
- Proven background & portfolio of storyboarding for animation, specifically action and adventure stories
- Quick thinking and problem solving
- Experience in animation and proficiency
- Demonstrate strong sketching abilities
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to work to a deadline.
- Strong drawing and mechanical skills.
- Ability to draw characters and environments on model within show style
- Ability to write clear and specific direction on storyboards
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in being considered for the role, please apply by following this link and selecting Easy Apply on the relevant listing: www.linkedin.com/careersite/plasticwax
If you have issues applying via this method please email your application to: email@example.com
In your application please ensure you advise the following your next available date:
- showreel/portfolio link
- day rate
- commitment length
- current location
- right to work in Australia/Visa Status and any relevant information
We will contact you if your application is shortlisted.
No phone calls or agencies please
2020 Winner AEAF- Gold for Games Trailers
2019 Winner AEAF – SILVER for Games Trailers
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards