We currently seek a Mid FX Artist familiar with Unreal Engine 4 to join us ideally onsite at our waterfront studio in Rhodes, Sydney.
Contract: Fixed Term
Commence: January 2021
Onsite preferred or Sydney/Australia remote considered
Current full working rights in Australia
No international or visa sponsorship available
- Develop particle and shader effects using Cascade or Niagara UE4.
- Create textures, models, and shaders to build out real-time effects using Photoshop and 3D packages (Houdini, 3Ds Max or Maya)
- Create animated textures (flipbooks) using 2D & 3D packages (Substance Designer, Houdini, etc)
- Understanding of creating procedural and simulated FX in 3D packages such as morphing meshes, pyro and fluids to be used for real-time FX
- Work with other departments to achieve a specific effect
- Artistic, technical and problem solving skills
- Technical knowledge and familiarity of game engines
- Experience in Photoshop and 3D packages (Houdini, 3Ds Max or Maya)
- Experience or knowledge in UE4 real time FX systems Cascade or Niagara
- Experience or knowledge in creating shader or texturing/surfacing FX in UE4.
- Experience or knowledge in creating non-real time fx like pyro and fluids using 3D packages (Houdini or others)
- Ability to create assets from scratch (or using existing libraries) and match an established style.
- Understanding of Animation
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Ability to communicate effectively with people across multiple departments
- Ability to work quickly and effectively to a dead-line.
- Strong work ethic
- Must be able to work within a team, independently, and take direction well
- A flexible approach while maintaining consistently high standards
- Experience in Adobe CS
- Experience in creating animated textures (flipbooks) using 2D and 3D packages for real-time FX.
- Knowledge of Houdini FX and Houdini to UE4 workflows is preferable but not required
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in being considered for the role, please apply by following this link and selecting Easy Apply on the relevant listing: www.linkedin.com/careersite/plasticwax
If you have issues applying via this method please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you advise the following
- your next available date
- showreel/portfolio link
- unreal engine experience level and examples
- salary expectation/Day rate
- commitment length
- current location
- right to work in Australia/Visa Status and any relevant information
We will contact you if your application is shortlisted.
No phone calls or agencies please
2020 Winner AEAF- GOLD for Games Trailers
2019 Winner AEAF – SILVER for Games Trailers
2019 Winner IGN Awards – Best Trailer of E3
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – GOLD
2019 Winner PromaxGAMES Awards – SILVER
2019 Finalist PromaxGAMES Awards